We proudly prepare leaders, educators, and clinicians like YOU!
Here at the School of Nursing at Touro University California, we aim to prepare our students to lead the world in healthcare with the highest level of education, diverse ideas, equality-focused healthcare models, and experience that will change the way health can be delivered.
Professionalism with Heart
As a nurse, you know that your role holds a heavy weight in healthcare. Nurses are at the frontlines as advocates and caregivers for the patients. At Touro University, we understand that you are pursuing your professional goals for many reasons, including because you care about what you do. We share that compassion, understand the complexities of delivering patient care, and provide real life experiences and skills that build an even stronger foundation for nurse-to-patient connection.
Join Our Family!
When you enter into Touro's School of Nursing, you are not just joining a program, you're becoming part of a supportive, welcoming family. Here, you'll team up with other students, faculty, staff and preceptors who will teach, encourage and support you throughout your learning journey.
Dr. Lisa Norton
Dean, College of Education and Health Sciences
Dr. Norton joined the College of Education and Health Sciences - under whose leadership the School of Nursing falls - in 2016. Previously, she served as Associate Dean of Education and Health Professions at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
There, she coordinated the first student success center in the College of Education and Health Professions to help students, especially those historically underserved, stay or get back on track.
Dr. Prabjot (Jodie) Sandhu, DNP, FNP-C, PA-C, CNL
Director of SON
Dr. Sandhu is Family Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Leader who is enthusiastic about advanced educational preparedness of nurses leading to improved healthcare outcomes in the community and acute care settings. Dr. Sandhu cultural background motivates her to be passionate about addressing culturally balanced care in the community. Her diverse clinical experience ranging from pediatrics, to women's health, sleep health, chronic diseases, health promotion, and care for the aging population allow a current picture of healthcare to guide the educational delivery for nurses.
Program Learning Outcomes
Family Nurse Practitioner
- Provide the highest level of advanced nursing care.
- Evaluate healthcare programs and outcomes for quality healthcare services.
- Analyze patient outcomes related to healthcare interventions.
- Analyze the influence of public policy healthcare decisions.
- Plan and implement safe, quality healthcare for vulnerable individuals and groups.
Master of Science in Nursing
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing and other disciplines to improve care to diverse populations across complex healthcare environments.
- Analyze organizational and systems leadership skills to promote high quality and safe health care.
- Design, implement and disseminate a quality/safety improvement project to improve health care outcomes.
- Integrate translational research concepts and evidence in complex and diverse settings to improve healthcare outcomes.
Touro University California Accreditation
Touro University California is fully accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Graduate School of Nursing Accreditation
The Master’s Degree program in nursing at Touro University California is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).