Prabjot (Jodie) Sandhu, DNP, FNP-C, PA-C, CNL
Areas of Expertise
- Graduate Education
- Family Nurse Practice
- Chronic Disease
- Cultural Care
- Adolescent Health
Dr, Sandhu serves as the Assistant Dean for the College of Education and Health Sciences and the Director for the School of Nursing.
Dr. Sandhu joined the Touro Family in 2022, and comes with over 12 years of Academic Experience and Practice in nursing graduate education. Dr. Sandhu is Family Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Leader who is enthusiastic about advanced educational preparedness of nurses leading to improved healthcare outcomes in the community and acute care settings. Dr. Sandhu cultural background motivates her to be passionate about addressing culturally balanced care in the community. Her diverse clinical experience ranging from pediatrics, to women's health, sleep health, chronic diseases, health promotion, and care for the aging population allow a current picture of healthcare to guide the educational delivery for nurses.
Dr. Sandhu's mission for the School of Nursing graduates is to advance healthcare from the frontlines, with a holistic view of the patient and the community and serve with compassion and knowledge.
University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), 2016
University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Master of Science in Nursing, Certified Nurse Leader (CNL), 2010
Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2008
Stanford University School of Medicine-Foothill College, Stanford, CA
FNP-PA Certificate, Family Medicine, 2002
Modesto Junior College, Modesto, CA
Associate of Science, Nursing, 2000
Honors and Awards
- Daisy Award Honoree (2022)
- Top Nurse Practitioner Dublin Award, Worldwide Leaders in Healthcare, The International Nurses Association (2019)
- Curtis, A., Sandhu, P., (2022). Clinical Education and the Advanced Practice Nurse: A Practical Guide for Preceptors and Practice Partners. Destech Publishing.
- Barnett, M., Sandhu, P., Balkissoon., C.. (2021). The Level of Quality Care NPs Provide Compared to their Physician Colleagues in the Primary Care Setting: A Systematic Review. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Mocorro, Igor, Sandhu, Prabjot Jodie, Rowniak, Stefan, Leonard, Adam. (2020). Initiation of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis in adolescents and young adults. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. doi: 10.1097/JXX.0000000000000485
- Go, Lacrisha, Sandhu Prabjot. (2020). Standardizing mammogram screening in primary care. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Doi 10.1097/JXX.0000000000000418
- Pedlar, Annie & Sandhu, Prabjot. (2019). Promoting treatment for hepatitis C in people who inject drugs: A review of the barriers and opportunities. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioner. 10.1097/JXX.0000000000000269
- Kulikov,P., Sandhu, Prabjot & VanLeuven, Karen. (2018). Can a smartphone App help manage wounds in primary care? Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 31. 1. 10.1097/JXX.0000000000000100
- Phillips,J.,Sandhu,P. (2018). Long Acting Reversible Contraception-Barriers to Implementation: A systematic review. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Lutz, K., Rowniak, S., Sandhu, P., (2017). A Contemporary Paradigm: Integrating Spirituality in Advance Care Planning. Journal of Religion and Health.
- Nardi, C.,Sandhu, P., Selix, N. (2016). Cervical Cancer Screening Among Minorities in the United States. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, Volume 12, Issue 10, 675 - 682.
- Sandhu P., Loomis, J. (2022). Workshop "The use of OSCE for Competency Evaluation: An Implementation and Evaluation Workshop" for New Mexico State University Faculty at NMSU.
- Sandhu P. (2018-2021). Annual Presentation on "Completing a Sports Physical" for NP students at the Reedley Central Valley School Health Immersion program.
- Phillips, J. Sandhu, P. (2020 Scheduled but cancelled due to COVID-19). “Long Acting Reversible Contraception in Primary Care: Reducing the Barriers” CANP- 43rd Annual Education Conference, Riverside, CA.
- Sandhu P., Fraino, J. (2019) High School Presentation for Careers Courses "Changing Hearts, Changing Minds". An approach to educate students in a future career as a FNP or PMHNP.
- Sandhu, P., Loomis, Jo. (February 2019). “Simulation based OSCE for Competency testing in NP Education”. Wilson Shepard Education. Transforming Healthcare - Exploring the Current Challenges and Possibilities in Nursing. Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Sandhu, P., Loomis, Jo. (April 2018) NP Student Competency Evaluation- the University of San Francisco Approach. Podium Presentation at the 44th annual meeting of the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF). Indianapolis, Indiana
- Sandhu,P., Loomis, Jo. (April 2018). The Use of OSCE in Nurse Practitioner Education. Podium Presentation at the 44th annual meeting of the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF). Indianapolis, Indiana
- Sandhu, P., Phillips,J., (October, 2018). Increasing long-acting reversible contraception use in primary care: removing the barriers. Podium presentation at the 5th World Congress on Nursing and Healthcare. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Sandhu, P. (2016). The Affordable Care Act Could Decrease Chronic Disease Rates. Health Payer Intelligence.
- Sandhu, P. (2016). The ACA Will Take Time. MedPage Today.
Memberships and Affiliations
- California Association of Nurse Practitioners (CANP)
- National Association for Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF)
- American Association for Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Bhagat Puran Singh Health Initiative