Paying for higher education, and navigating financial aid options, can feel overwhelming for many students. The Office of Financial Aid is here to help make the process easier.
Scholarships, federal loan programs, federal work study, and programs for veterans may be available to you to help fund your education.
You need to reapply each year for financial aid. Information below is for new students or first-time borrowers. Current students should see the TouroOne portal for specific information for them.
Federal regulations state that in order to meet basic eligibility criteria you must:
- Demonstrate financial need for direct subsidized loans and work study;
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen**;
- Have a valid Social Security number;
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment;
- Be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- Sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA®) form stating that
- You are not in default on a federal student loan,
- You do not owe money on a federal student grant, and
- You will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and
- The federal direct graduate plus loan requires that student's have no evidence of an adverse credit history.
**While not eligible for federal aid, undocumented students can apply for private loans.
You may need to borrow money to finance your degree. We can help you go over your borrowing options and student loans.
Touro University California has several scholarships available to our students. We encourage you to apply! Our goal is to help you complete your education with as little financial stress as possible. The financial aid office is also here to help point you in the direction of non-Touro scholarship opportunities to help you build a solid and supportive financial aid portfolio.
Federal Work Study
The purpose of the Federal Work-Study program is to stimulate and promote part-time employment, particularly for those with great financial need.
Part-time positions available through the Federal Work-Study Program involve work at the University occasionally in another private non-profit organization.
At Touro University California, we're committed to helping veterans and active duty members of the military attain their educational goals. Our financial aid team will support and guide you through federal programs available as well as the application process. Begin your journey on the VA Education webpage, then reach out to the Registrar's Office for further assistance.
Financial Aid Policies
Review and understand these policies and procedures before applying for aid. The Office of Financial Aid is here to answer any questions.
It's easy to be confused by tuition and financial aid requirements, but our offices are always open to students. We're here to help!
Reach us on Zoom
Financial Aid has two Zoom sessions daily
Sessions are 8:30 – 9:30 am and Noon – 1 pm
Please contact email@example.com for Zoom information
Reach out to The Office of Financial Aid
By Phone: (707) 638-5280
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Financial Aid
Touro University California
1310 Club Drive
Vallejo, CA 94592
690 Walnut Avenue, Suite 200