In support of TUC’s commitment to the health and safety of all members of our community, we have updated our immunization requirements for the TUC community. Our mandate urges a COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty and staff prior to attending TUC in-person or being on-campus at TUC. This health policy update means that, with approved exemptions, students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated by the start of the fall semester. Those receiving approval for medical or religious accommodations will be expected to wear a mask while on campus, complete a daily health screening survey, participate in twice a week mandatory surveillance testing, and maintain appropriate social distancing.
Vaccine Requirement for Return to Campus
- Subject to future public health guidance, Touro University California requires proof of vaccination for all students, faculty, and staff coming to campus, while accommodating medical and religious exemptions.
- Students, faculty and staff should be fully vaccinated, with the final dose of the vaccine received at least two weeks prior to their return to campus for the fall semester.
- All personnel who access Touro University California in-person must provide proof of vaccination through the Touro University California vaccine tracking system. Visitors, contractors, and guests are also required to furnish proof of vaccination before entering our campus.
- Those providing proof of vaccination will receive a special sticker to affix to their Touro ID which will be presented each time you access the Touro University California Campus. Those without this sticker are expected to wear a mask while on campus, complete a daily health screening survey, participate in twice a week mandatory surveillance testing, and maintain appropriate social distancing. Those individuals receiving an exemption who fail to abide by these requirements will be asked to leave campus.
- Individuals can find vaccine providers in their area and/or schedule a vaccine appointment through the CDC website Vaccine Finder. Students living in the State of California can schedule an appointment through CA My Turn. Students living in the north bay are also welcome to attend any upcoming community vaccine clinics in Solano County either by appointment or walk-in.
- Any vaccine information tracking system put in place will abide by healthcare record regulations, as required by state and federal laws. TUC currently follows standard regulations for student, faculty, and staff health records and will continue to do so with COVID-19 vaccine information.
Exemptions and Accommodations
- Students, faculty, or staff wishing to file for an exemption or accommodation of the vaccine requirement will need to complete a COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption/Accommodation Request Form by contacting Dr. Jim Binkerd (firstname.lastname@example.org). All request forms will be reviewed by the appropriate entity before any grant or denial of an exemption/accommodation is provided.
- Fully online individuals who have no physical interactions on the TUC campus will be exempt.
As a reminder, Solano County is in the California Governor’s Orange Tier and, as such, masks are still mandatory on campus at this time. Touro University California continues to update its policies and procedures as the State and County updates their policies and procedures. We will continue to update you if there will be any changes to TUC’s procedures. For questions and answers pertaining to the vaccine requirement for the fall semester, feel free to contact your Dean, Program Director, or Supervisor.
Healthy TUC Policy
All students, staff, and faculty are required to read and follow Healthy TUC Policy.
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (March 2023)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (December 2022)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (September 2022)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (June 2022)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (March 2022)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (December 2021)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (September 2021)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (June 2021)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (March 2021)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (December 2020)
HEERF Quarterly Reporting (September 2020)