In support of TUC’s commitment to the health and safety of all members of our community, we have updated our immunization requirements for the TUC community. Our mandate urges a COVID-19 vaccine for all students, faculty, and staff prior to attending TUC in-person or being on-campus at TUC. This health policy update means that, with approved exemptions, students, faculty, and staff must be fully vaccinated by the start of the fall semester.
Vaccine Requirement for Return to Campus
- Subject to future public health guidance, Touro University California requires proof of vaccination for all students, faculty, and staff coming to campus, while accommodating medical and religious exemptions.
- Students, faculty and staff should be fully vaccinated, with the final dose of the vaccine received at least two weeks prior to their return to campus for the fall semester.
- All personnel who access Touro University California in-person must provide proof of vaccination through the Touro University California vaccine tracking system. Visitors, contractors, and guests may also be required to furnish proof of vaccination before entering our campus.
- Any vaccine information tracking system put in place will abide by healthcare record regulations, as required by state and federal laws. TUC currently follows standard regulations for student, faculty, and staff health records and will continue to do so with COVID-19 vaccine information.
Exemptions and Accommodations
- Students wishing to file for an exemption or accommodation of the vaccine requirement will need to complete a COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption/Accommodation Request Form by contacting Dr. Fraylanie Aglipay at firstname.lastname@example.org. Faculty and staff who wish to file for an exemption or accommodation of the vaccine requirement may contact Human Resources at email@example.com. All request forms will be reviewed by the appropriate entity before any grant or denial of an exemption/accommodation is provided.
- Fully online individuals who have no physical interactions on the TUC campus will be exempt from vaccination requirements.
Touro University California continues to update its policies and procedures as the State and County updates their policies and procedures. We will continue to update you if there will be any changes to TUC’s procedures. For questions and answers pertaining to the vaccine requirement for the fall semester, feel free to contact your Dean, Program Director, or Supervisor.