Metabolic Research Center
Research is an integral part of every program at Touro University California. Our Metabolic Research Center (MRC) opened in January 2016 and provides an array of inpatient and outpatient research services for campus and non-campus users.
The Metabolic Research Center (MRC) provides clinical research services, equipment, and facilities for investigators conducting studies in broad areas of metabolic disease at its clinical research facility in Building H89 on the Touro University California main campus. The MRC also provides specialized laboratory services in the MRC core research laboratory in Lander Hall. To see the cost of our services view our MRC Rates.
Clinical Research Services
- Vital signs, anthropometrics
- Phlebotomy, specimen collection, PK sampling
- Oral glucose, and meal tolerance tests
- Physician services
- Physical exams
- Physician orders and medical oversight.
- Study coordination, including recruitment
- Specimen processing
- Specialized services
- Glucose clamp
- Body composition, bone density by DXA
- Stable isotope procedures
- Indirect Calorimetry
Core Laboratory Services
- GC/MS analyses for measurement of endogenous glucose production, gluconeogenesis, de novo lipogenesis
- Plasma glucose and lactate analyses
Start a Research Protocol
To inquire about utilizing the MRC for your research protocol, please e-mail a summary of your protocol and clinical research needs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sumera Ahmed, MD
Associate Medical Director