teacher and elementary students in classroom

Master’s & Credential Program Applicants

You will submit your application through the Centralized Application Service for Graduate Programs (GradCAS).

How to Apply

You apply to our master's and credential programs through GradCAS (Centralized Application Service for Graduate Programs). Be sure to review our requirements before beginning your application. To get started with your application these are the steps you'll take:

    1. Log onto GradCAS
    2. Select the proper term and click apply
    3. Click on create an account
    4. Click on Add Program
    5. Search for Touro University California
    6. Select your desired application
    7. Click on the My Application and begin!

Apply at GradCAS

Academic Requirements

Applicants must hold a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Graduates from institutions outside of the United States may also be considered (see Graduates of Foreign Institutions below).

Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better. Applicants may be considered with cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better. Those with a cumulative GPA below 2.50 will be accepted conditionally pending completion of their first semester.

Letters of Recommendation

Two letters of recommendation are required for applicants to all credential programs, whether applying separately or as part of a Master’s program.  Letters of recommendation are not required if applying to a Master’s program without a credential.

Each letter should be from a supervisor, colleague or other professional who can speak to your experience in a professional capacity working with clients, students, adults, or others in schools, agencies, or in the community.

Letters are submitted via your GradCAS application.

California Basic Skills Fulfillment

The California Basic Skills Fulfillment is required for a preliminary teaching credential and preliminary administrative credential. This includes if you are applying for Innovative Learning or Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive Education (EDIE) with a preliminary teaching credential.

Proof of Completion of Basic Skills Requirement

Applicants must provide evidence of one of the following CTC approved options for meeting Basic Skills Requirement. You submit a PDF of your test result or Basic Skills fulfillment and upload to your the GradCAS application.

Applicants who have not yet met the Basic Skills Requirement can be considered for conditional admission with proof of registration for CBEST.

Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to meet subject matter competency prior to applying. This includes CSET for Multiple Subject candidates and Education Specialist candidates/CSET or a Subject Matter Competency waiver from an accredited subject matter preparation program for Single Subject candidates.

You must provide proof of registration for subject matter competency by the second semester and must demonstrate successful completion of subject matter competency before the end of the second semester.

State of California Licensure

GSOE academic programs lead to credentials approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Academic programs do not lead to credentials outside of the State of California.

Required Transcripts

Applicants are required to list all schools attended within the academic history section of the application and official transcripts will be required from each school.

Official transcripts are sent directly to GradCAS and should not be sent to Touro University California unless directed to do so. Instructions for submitting transcripts to GradCAS may be found by visiting the GradCAS Applicant Help Center.

Transfer Credit

GSOE may consider limited transfer credit for degrees in Innovative Learning or Equity, Diversity, and Inclusive Education (EDIE) Application. To request transfer credit, you must complete a Request for Transfer Credit form and upload it within the Supporting Materials section of the application. We will review your request and determine the number of transfer credits awarded.

Advanced Placement (AP) Credit

We accept advanced placement credit as long as such credit appears on the undergraduate transcript and indicates either specific subject credit (e.g. General Chemistry - 4 units) or specific course credit (e.g. Chem 101 - 4 units). General advanced placement credit without such specifications is not accepted.

Citizenship Requirement

Individuals who have met all application requirements and permanently reside in the United States at the time of application, inclusive of DACA recipients, are permitted to apply and matriculate at Touro University California. Currently, TUC does not accept international students.

Eligibility for Federal Financial Aid is limited to US Citizens and US Permanent Residents. Candidates applying without US Citizenship or Permanent Residency are strongly encouraged to explore financing options before proceeding with the application process. Additional information may be viewed by visiting the Eligibility Requirements on the Financial Aid page.

Application Review

Our Admissions Committee reviews applications to determine whether or not a candidate is accepted into the program. Selection criteria include, but are not limited to:

  • Academic performance
  • Professional experience
  • Fit-to-mission

Final decisions are released to each applicant through the Office of Admissions.

Apply at GradCAS

Background Checks

Incoming and current students may be required to submit to a background check before and/or during their enrollment at Touro University California. Facts uncovered as a result of a background check which could preclude licensure and/or practice in the profession may impact their ability to begin or continue their education at the University. Details are provided with the letter of acceptance.

Multiple Deposit Policy

Applicants to Touro University California (TUC) may also choose to apply to and submit seat deposits for other programs located within TUC or the greater Touro University System (TU). TUC applicants who have deposits at one or more TUC or other TU programs will be given until April 15th (for summer starts) or June 1st (for fall starts) to decide which program they wish to attend and will be required to withdraw from all other TUC/TU programs to which they have deposited. TUC applicants who are accepted and who submit seat deposits after April 15th (for summer starts) or June 1st (for fall starts) will be required to immediately withdraw from any other TUC/TU program(s) to which they have deposited.

Get Started Today