When it comes to possibilities in the field of education, Touro's Graduate School of Education has you covered.
Our Mission & Goals
The Graduate School of Education prepares educators to meet the needs of all students and train them for the future of education. Our Mission is to promote social justice by serving the community and larger society; as well as to prepare and continuously support professional educators to meet the needs of a constantly changing and diverse student population.
Goals & Objectives
- Promote equity, diversity, and inclusive education.
- Prepare innovative, culturally responsive educators.
- Offer continuing support to educators.
- Meet the needs of expanding, diverse student populations.
- Promote social justice by serving the community and society.
- Foster a welcoming culture that promotes health and wellness.
Our Duty to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
In Touro's Graduate School of Education, we know that by promoting innovation, equity, diversity, and inclusion our exceptional graduates carry it into their lives, schools and workplaces. Your experience in our Graduate School of Education has its deepest meaning when it is shared, implemented and expanded upon.
We train our graduates to
- Apply knowledge in real, complex teaching situations
- Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines
Dr. Norton joined the College of Education and Health Sciences - under whose leadership GSOE falls - in 2016. Previously, she served as Associate Dean of Education and Health Professions at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
There, she coordinated the first student success center in the College of Education and Health Professions to help students, especially those historically underserved, stay or get back on track.
Touro University California Accreditation
Touro University California is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
TUC's GSOE is granted the authority to offer Master of Arts in Education (MA. Ed) and Master of Education (M.Ed.) degrees by the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
The GSOE is certified to recommend and authorize teacher credentials by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). Touro University California is fully endorsed by the CCTC until spring 2026.