When you achieve, we succeed!
TUC's Graduate School of Education is focused on opportunity, options and success. To meet the needs and goals of all our students, TUC's GSOE offers more than a dozen degrees and professional credentials.
Master’s in Educational Leadership & Preliminary Administrative Credential
- June 30 for a fall start.
Clear Induction Administrative Services Credential
- Rolling admissions for a fall or spring start.
Master of Arts in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- August 15 application deadline for a fall term start.
- December 31 application deadline for a spring term start.
Master's in Innovative Learning, Master's in Equity, Diversity, and Innovative Education
- Application deadline varies by term. Please contact admissions for your deadline.
Preliminary Teaching Credential (Single Subject Teaching Credential, Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, Education Specialist, Mild Moderate Support Needs, and Extensive Support Needs.)
- May 1 application deadline for a summer term start
- August 15 application deadline for a fall term start
- December 31 application deadline for a spring term start
Doctorate in Education
- June 15 deadline for a summer start.
How to Apply
Master’s Program and Credential Program Applicants
All Touro University California Graduate School of Education master’s and credential program applications are submitted through the Centralized Application Service for Graduate Programs (GradCAS).
Learn more about the specific requirements for your master’s or credential application.
Doctoral Program Applicants
You’ll need a master’s degree and a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Learn more about admissions requirements and what you’ll need for the Ed.D. application.
Returning and Continuing Students
Current and former TUC Graduate School of Education students are welcome to apply: If you would like to continue to a new credential/master’s degree program (Continuing Student) or if you wish to return and complete an unfinished credential/master’s degree program (Returning Student) you will follow the same steps as a new applicant, applying through GradCAS. The difference are:
- You will select Continuing and Returning Student Application in GradCAS.
- Provided you are still available within the existing student record, continuing and returning students are not required to submit transcripts as part of the application process.
Institutional Accreditation Requirement
Touro University California will accept coursework and degrees from institutions accredited by one of the seven institutional accrediting agencies listed below:
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (AACJC)
For applicants to the Graduate School of Education only, coursework will also be accepted from institutions/programs approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and from ITeach programs within the United States, provided such coursework is documented on official transcripts.
Applicants who have completed degrees and/or coursework outside of the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by a TUC approved agency to verify equivalency to those offered by institutions accredited by one of the accrediting agencies listed above. For a list of TUC approved evaluation agencies, please refer to the Graduates of Foreign Institutions section of this website.
Graduates of Foreign Institutions
Except in cases where the institution is accredited by one of the agencies approved by Touro University California, all coursework completed outside of the United States must be submitted for evaluation using one of the following approved evaluation agencies:
- World Education Services This is the preferred evaluation agency for Touro University California
- International Education Research Foundation
- Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants
When possible, evaluations should be submitted directly to the respective centralized application service (AACOMAS, PharmCAS, CASPA, SOPHAS, GradCAS, or NursingCAS). In the event submission to the CAS is not possible, evaluations may be submitted directly to the Office of Admissions.
Minimally, transcript evaluations must include the following information:
- Course by course evaluation
- Number of semester units each course is worth
- Letter grade for each course
- Cumulative GPA
- Indication the degree earned is equivalent to a degree from a TUC approved accrediting body.
Application Status Checks
The Office of Admissions sends an email update whenever documents are added to an applicant’s file. Applicants may, however, email the Admissions Designate for the program to which they've applied here to check their status at any time. We are sorry, but due to the volume of applications processed, application status checks are done by email only.
Touro University California does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, veteran status, or any other status characteristic protected by applicable laws in employment, or in admission, treatment or access to educational programs or activities.
To the extent provided by law, the university will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities which meet the legal standards for documentation, whenever the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform all essential functions of the position and meet the academic program technical standards.
This notice is given pursuant to the requirements of Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Clery Act of 1998. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the OCR Complaint Assessment System for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. Please note that contact information listed here is for discrimination inquiries only. Please contact the Office of Admissions for admissions related inquiries.
The Office of Admissions is open Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding holidays.
The physical address for the Office of Admissions is:
690 Walnut Avenue, Suite 200
Vallejo, CA 94592
The mailing address for the Office of Admissions is:
Touro University California
Office of Admissions
Graduate School of Education
1310 Club Drive
Vallejo, CA 94592
General admissions inquiries may be emailed to email@example.com.
Cecilia Del Toro
University Recruiter and Outreach Specialist
Graduate School of Education