three pharmacy students posing in pharmacy

International Students

We welcome international students looking to apply for the F1 student visa or status to pursue full-time studies in the U.S.

International Applications

Touro University California’s College of Pharmacy receives applications from international students eager to join our program. Federal Financial Aid eligibility is limited to U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents. Other financing options are available, and we encourage you to explore these options before you apply. For more information, see the Eligibility Requirements on our Financial Aid page.

Below you’ll find all the information you will need on how to apply, F-1 visa process, and your responsibilities after acceptance. We know it’s a lot and are here to support you every step of the way. Please reach out if you need any help.

We encourage you to attend our online info sessions. They take place every Monday from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PST (check out our Events Calendar for the next session and sign up!). They are a great opportunity to learn about studying in the USA, the admissions process, I-20/F1 student visa details, College of Pharmacy programs, housing, student life in the vibrant San Francisco Bay Area, and even your career goals! All attendees at our live sessions receive an application fee waiver.

How to Apply

You must meet all Touro University California College of Pharmacy (COP) application criteria, academic requirements, pre-requisite coursework, and course-by-course transcript evaluations for graduates of foreign institutions as stated on the admissions page.

All applications are submitted through the Pharmacy College Application Service: PharmCAS.

Additional Requirements

Proof of English Proficiency

Non-native English speakers must submit proof of English proficiency via examination from one of the following services:

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 80 or higher minimum IBT score.
  • Pearsons PTE Academic Exam (PearsonsPTE): 58 or higher minimum score.
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5 or higher minimum score.
  • Duolingo: 105 or higher minimum score.

Applicants who reside in countries where the primary language of communication is English, and applicants who are currently attending college within the United States (Enrolled in a degree program at Community College or University) are exempt from the English proficiency requirement by submitting a transcript(s).

Proof of Finances

Proof of financial support demonstrating your ability to support yourself during the entire period of your study in the U.S. is required. The amount of proof of finance for the academic year can be found by visiting the College of Pharmacy Tuition & Aid and viewing the First Year Student Cost of Attendance (COA). If you have a sponsor who will be providing funds, a notarized “Affidavit of Support” is required. Applicants should submit their proof of finances and affidavit of support with their completed I-20 application, if applicable, to

Deadline & Start Terms

March 15th is the application deadline for International Student Applicants. Classes begin in late July or early August.

Form I-20 & F-1 Visa

Steps to get a US Student Visa as an International Student:

We’ve outlined the steps below, but please also review the F-1 visa information at or the U.S. Embassies in your country.

  1. Apply for full admission to Touro University California College of Pharmacy, meeting all the requirements for admission, along with the additional requirements for international students mentioned on this page, and receive acceptance into the program.
  2. Fulfill all the requirements of eligibility to receive your original I-20 certification of eligibility with your SEVIS number. The International Student Office will provide you with instructions about receiving your I-20. An I-20 is issued by a Designated School Official (DSO) from the International Student Office at Touro University California after you have been admitted to Touro University California and demonstrated your eligibility for the I-20, including the minimum financial requirement.
  3. Use your SEVIS number to pay for the SEVIS fee and book your F1 student visa interview appointment at your closest U.S. consulate.
  4. Prepare for the visa interview, reviewing the material from the Touro International Students Office.

Documents Needed for the F-1 Visa

To help your F-1 visa application process, please submit these documents as soon as you have been accepted into the program. These documents are vital for your I-20 form. Submit the following items to

  1. Submit all forms related to the College of Pharmacy Pre-Matriculation Immunization and Health Requirements via (do not use CastleBranch). You can find all the forms needed on the TUC Health and Wellness page.
  2. Submit a completed I-20 Application Form with all required documents as follows:
    • A copy of your passport
    • Proof of financial support: e.g., bank statement. Provide proof of funds that covers at least the first year of Cost of Attendance (COA). (Submitted during the admissions process)
    • Notarized Affidavit of Support, if applicable.
    • At least one of the following: TOEFL, IELTS , or PTE Academic Exam scores or meet one of our exemptions listed above. (submitted during the admissions process)
    • Additional documents for transfer students: Completed Touro University California's SEVIS Transfer form, copies of all previously issued Form I-20s, and copies of F1 visa and I-94

What if my F-1 Visa is Rejected?

If your visa is rejected, after admission to the College, we will give you a full refund when you show proof of your visa denial.

Spouse and/or Kids on an F1 Student Visa?

It's your right to try for F2 dependent visas for your spouse and/or children. You will need to provide additional provide additional documents such as a copy of passport of your dependents, proof of family relationship, and additional financial support documentation. Please join the Live Information Session to ask more about the F2 dependent visas.

Your Responsibilities

We're excited that you are considering our program, and we want to ensure you have all the information you need for a smooth transition. Here's a guide to your responsibilities:

Contact Us Upon Arrival

Upon your arrival in the U.S., reach out to International Student Services (contact information below) within the first 10 days. Share a copy of your visa, I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record), I-20, and your U.S. address with us.

Attend International Student Orientation

After confirming your F-1 Status, your next step is attending orientation. At Touro University California, we understand the unique needs of our international students, so we've designed a special New Student Orientation just for you, in addition to our college and university-wide orientations. This session is designed to introduce you to the exciting journey ahead, covering your responsibilities and rights as an F-1 student, SEVIS regulations, and the range of international student services available at TUC. It's also a fantastic opportunity to connect with our International Student Advisors, faculty, and fellow international students. Details about the location and time will be shared with you individually.

We're committed to ensuring you're fully connected to the resources that will make your study experience a success, while also helping you meet all the visa requirements for international study.

Stay tuned! At the beginning of the semester, you'll receive an email with all the details, including the date and time of the next orientation. We can't wait to welcome you to Touro University California and kick off this incredible chapter together!

Register as a Full-Time Student

Remember, maintaining full-time registration is required. If you ever need to make adjustments, be sure to seek authorization from a Designated School Official (DSO) to avoid any disruptions to your SEVIS record and F-1 status. Take advantage and embrace the full student experience and immerse yourself fully immersing yourself in the learning experience.

Comply with the F-1 Employment Regulations

AS an F1 international student, you cannot work off-campus unless you have specific permission from the International Student Services Office. International students may be selected for 20-hour-per-week Graduate Assistant positions to work on campus, currently paid at $16 per hour.

As an F-1 student in the U.S., there are cases where you might work while in school, and you can work for one year after graduation on the F-1 visa. Before embarking on your work journey, it's important to secure employment authorization. Our Designated School Officials (DSOs) are here to guide you through the process, discuss your eligibility, and explore the various employment authorization options available to you. Don't hesitate to reach out!

Employment authorization options for which you may be eligible:

  • On-campus employment
  • Curricular Practical Training
  • Optional Practical Training
  • Severe Economic Hardship

International Student Employment Workshop

Navigating job opportunities in the U.S. as an international student? We can help. Join us on Zoom to learn about visa regulations, valid employment options, on-campus jobs, and CPT and OPT applications.

This workshop is mandatory and will give you important information if you are thinking about CPT or OPT. Reporting employment offers is easy with our International Student Office. Watch your inbox for an email with the workshop details.

About the Bay Area

Check out our Explore the Bay Area pages or chat with an advisor about different neighborhoods, share safety tips, and help you find a housing spot that's both secure and budget-friendly.

International Student Advisors (DSO)

The Designated School Official (DSO) is your main point of contact for any questions about the I-20, the F1 student visa, and your legal status in the USA as an F1 student. Your program director will connect you with the DSO after your full admission to the program.

Dr. Kevin Ita
Designated School Official (DSO)
Phone: 1-707-638-5994

Touro University California
1310 Club Drive
Mare Island-Vallejo, CA 94592

Dr. Fraylanie Aglipay
Designated School Official (DSO)
Phone: 1-707-638-5883

Touro University California
1310 Club Drive
Mare Island-Vallejo, CA 94592

Get Started Today