Kathleen Hahn, MSN, RN, CPNP, CNL
Areas of Expertise
Pediatrics and Community Health
Kathy Hahn is an Assistant Professor in the School of Nursing (SON) teaching community health and the clinical courses through the MSN program.
She is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with a broad experience in emergency medicine, rural clinics and school based clinics firmly rooted in public health in Solano County. She has been faculty in the School of Nursing since 2015, and Adjunct Faculty in Touro’s College of Medicine (COM) since 2010. She is passionate about teaching the next generation of nurse leaders through Touro's MSN Program, and loves watching the students when have an epiphany as they experience public health, and learn that nursing is so much more than what they learned in the hospital.
Kathy was instrumental in seeing the need for school-based health care in Vallejo, wrote grants to fund it and opened the first school-based health center at Pennycook Elementary School in 2004, as well as the Widenmann Health Center in North Vallejo, which also includes a dental clinic. She has mentored many NP and COM students through her school based clinics. Additionally, Kathy is married and has two adult daughters and two grandchildren, ages seven and nine.
- California State University, Fresno
Masters of Science in Nursing, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Honors and Awards
- Vallejo Elks Lodge Educator of the Year, 2011
- CSNO Northern Region School Nurse Administrator of the Year, 2013
- Touro University Public Health Hero, 2014
Foy, J. and Hahn, K. (2009) School-based health centers: A four year experience, with a focus on reducing student exclusion rates. Osteopathic Medicine and Primary Care, 3:3.
Memberships and Affiliations
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- California School Nurse Association (CSNO)
- National Association of School Nurses (NASN)
- Soroptimist International of Vallejo (SIOV)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Omega Alpha Chapter
Community Health and MSN clinical faculty advisor