Tuition & Aid
Along with tuition, there are other factors that add to overall costs of your graduate education.
Included in your assessment of what your graduate degree will ultimately cost should be tuition, fees and general attendance costs. Your ability to secure financial aid is an important consideration.
Tuition and Fees are due the first week of classes.
Tuition not covered by your financial aid must be paid in full unless you enroll in an the online payment plan. Payment plans are automatic and are interest free.
Medical Health Science Program Tuition 2023-2024
|Tuition Per Semester||$13,130|
Additional Medical Health Science Program Fees
|Student Fee (annual)||$330|
|Technology Fee (per semester)||$90|
Tuition and fees are subject to change. The Touro University Board of Trustees reserves the right to change the fee schedule without prior written notice.
General University Fees
|Late registration fee||$100|
|Returned check fee||$40|
|Stop payment fee||$50|
|Late payment fee||$100|
|Transcript fee (per copy)||$10|
|Payment Plan (enrollment only)||$50|
- billion in federal loan dollars is allocated to graduate students each year
- of federal student loan $ is borrowed by graduate students
- of federal student loan debt belongs to graduate student borrowers
Cost of Attendance
Along with tuition, graduate students should estimate the overall cost of completing an academic year - or the Cost of Attendance (COA) - in the MSMHS program.
The COA – or student budget – not only lets you see the big picture costs of your degree, but also serves to determine your financial needs and the amount of aid (federal loans and scholarships) for which you may qualify.
- Direct costs (tuition and fees)
- Indirect costs (books, supplies, food and housing, personal and transportation costs)
- Health Insurance (TUC requires participation in the TUC's Student Health Insurance Plan – SHIP – unless you are approved to be waived out of the program.
The COA – or student budget – not only lets you see the big picture costs of your degree but also serves to determine your financial needs and the amount of aid (federal loans and scholarships) for which you may qualify. Your COA, and subsequent financial aid eligibility, is determined and calculated based on the academic year.
Sample Cost of Attendance, 2023-2024
While not specific to your circumstance, consider the information below as a sample Cost of Attendance for the MSMHS program.
(Fall and spring semesters, 9 months)
|Student Health Center Fee||$330|
|Total Annual Tuition and Fees||$26,770|
|Student Health Insurance (SHIP)||$3,490|
|Books and Supplies||$1,198|
|Unsubsidized Loan Fee||$216|
|Estimated Cost of Living||$21,472|
|Total Estimated Indirect Costs||$28,442|
|Total Estimated Annual COA||$55,212|
There are many financial aid options to help you reach your TUC goals. We receive funds from federal, state, and private sources including federal and private loans, several federal scholarship programs, the Federal Work-Study Program, and more.
TUC's financial aid department supports your educational goals and is eager to assist you in finding the financial help you need.
Generally, to qualify for federal financial aid you will need to:
- Demonstrate financial need for direct subsidized loans and work-study
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen (several options apply)
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment
- Be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for the Direct Loan Program
- Make satisfactory academic progress
- Sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form stating that:
- You are not in default on a federal student loan;
- You do not owe money on a federal student grant; and
- You will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and
- Demonstrate you do not have a negative credit history.
Ready to apply for financial aid? It all starts with filling out a FAFSA.
Need more help or information?
Members of TUC's financial aid and tuition departments (Bursar's office) are always available to help you one-on-one.